Dr. Gianbattista Tshiombo
MD Specialist in Vascular Surgery
Abdominal aortic and thoracic aneurysm – Aneurysms of the iliofemoral and popliteal arteries – Stenosis of the carotid artery – Venous varices of the lower limbs
“Semel medicus, semper medicus."
– San Benedetto da Norcia –
– Scientific Advisor at Cardiovascular Lab, Milan – Turin Innogest Investment Fund (from 2017 to date)
– Head of the program for the scientific, technological and biomedical research area of the Cariplo Foundation, Milan (from 2015 to date)
– Medical Consultant and Data Manager, Bioengineering in robotic rehabilitation, Villa Beretta, Costa Masnaga, Lecco (from 2014 to date)
– Nutritionist doctor in private practice (from 2108 to date)
Clinical and research activity
Dr. Tshiombo is specialised in the treatment of the occlusive and aneurysmal pathology of the arteries resulting from the condition of atherosclerosis.
Dr. Tshiombo is involved in participating in over 5 international research projects and clinical trials.
His main fields of interest are Vascular Surgery and in particular aneurysms and occlusion of the main arteries of the body and in the diagnosis of the same by Doppler ultrasound.
Co-director and tutor of doctoral students in the field of aortic pathology within the Thoracic Aortic Research Center, in collaboration with Prof. Santi Trimarchi.
Professor of medical and radiological clinic at the Italian Academy of Osteopathic Medicine in Saronno (from 2018 to date).
Education and training
– Degree in Medicine and Surgery at the University of Milan (2004).
– Specialisation in Vascular and Endovascular Surgery at the Vita-Salute San Raffaele University (2012).
– Master in “Applied Dietetics & Nutrition” certified Nutritionist, at Università degli Studi di Milano Bicocca, Thesis in “Nutritional requirements and techniques in patients suffering from Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis”.
Registered with the Certified Order of Doctors "Albo dei Medici"
Registered with the Certified Medical Association “Albo dei Medici” Milan n. 39446.
– From 2015 to 2017 Private practice as a vascular surgeon and angiologist, Rozzano (Milan).
– From 2015 to 2017 Co-coordinator of the Thoracic Aortic Research Centre and Data Manager at University of Milan, San Donato Milanese (Milano).
– From 2015 to 2016 Consultant Vascular Surgeon and Data Manager at Beta Lab, Bioengineering of thoracic aorta, Pavia.
– 2013 Vascular Surgeon, Department of Cardiovascular and Endovascular Surgery, Policlinico San Donato IRCCS, San Donato Milanese, (Milano).
– 2012 Cardio-thoracic and vascular surgeon, Department of cardio-thoracic and vascular surgery. Saint Joseph Hospital, Clinique Vert Coteau and La residence du Parc, Marseille, France.
– Italian Society of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery (SICVE).
– European Society for Vascular and Endovascular Surgery (ESVES).
Italian – English – French
Abdominal aortic and thoracic aneurysm
Aneurysms of the iliofemoral and popliteal arteries
Stenosis of the carotid artery
Venous varices of the lower limbs
To book an outpatient visit in free profession:
To book an outpatient visit via SSN:
Online medical consultation with dr. Gianbattista Tshiombo
Dr. Tshiombo is the author/coauthor of several publications in important international scientific journals.
His works/articles are published in major international scientific journals, such as Journal of Vascular Surgery.
The rule is: There are no rules.
Int J Cardiol. 2018 Jun 15;261:179-180. doi: 10.1016/j.ijcard.2018.02.086.
Outcome in cirrhotic patients after elective surgical repair of infrarenal aortic aneurysm.
Marrocco-Trischitta MM, Kahlberg A, Astore D, Tshiombo G, Mascia D, Chiesa R.
J Vasc Surg. 2011 Apr;53(4):906-11. doi: 10.1016/j.jvs.2010.10.095.
Novel technique: staged hybrid surgical and endovascular treatment of acute Type A aortic dissections with aortic arch involvement.
Shah A, Coulon P, de Chaumaray T, Rosario R, Khanoyan P, Boukhris M, Tshiombo G, Gay J, Bergeron P.
J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino). 2006 Oct;47(5):497-502.
How to apply for an online medical consultation
Register your details in the secure area and choose the doctor according to your disease.
Fill in the medical history form and upload your reports and clinical exams.
Enter your billing information and make the payment.
Within 5 working days you will receive the doctor’s online consultation.