Dr. Laura Castellino
Endocrinologist, Ultraspecialist Medical Doctor
Diseases of the thyroid, pituitary gland, adrenal gland, of parathyroids and calcium-phosphorus metabolism – Diabetes and metabolic syndrome – Gynecological endocrinology – Rare endocrine diseases.
Every medical choice must be shared, a knowledgeable patient is the basis of my work.
– Laura Castellino –
IRCCS San Raffaele Hospital, Milan (since 2016)
– Endocrinologist at the Day Hospital of Internal and Specialised Medicine, San Raffaele Hospital, Milan.
– Endocrinologist +at the General Endocrinology Outpatient Clinic, “Adult GH Deficit” Outpatient Clinic, Endocrinology / Endocrine Surgery “Thyroid tumours”, Thyroid ultrasounds at the U.O. Endocrinology of the San Raffaele Hospital, Milan.
– Internal medicine doctor on duty, for Internal Medicine at the Diabetes and Endocrinological area at the San Raffaele Hospital, Milan.
Clinical and research activity
The areas of clinical competence and research of Dr. Laura Castellino cover the wide range of benign and malignant diseases of the endocrine system, specifically:
– Thyroid diseases: subacute thyroiditis, chronic thyroiditis, hypothyroidism, pregnancy dysthyroidism, thyroid nodules, hyperthyroidism, Basedow’s disease, Graves Orbitopathy, thyroid tumours, thyroid dysgenesis.
– Pituitary diseases: Sheehan syndrome, hypopituitarism, empty saddle syndrome, hypophyseal hypogonadism, growth hormone deficiency, acromegaly, hyperprolactinemia and prolactinomas, pituitary adenomas, Cushing’s disease.
– Adrenal diseases: adrenal-genital syndrome, Addison’s disease, secondary hypertension, hypercortisolism, hyperaldosteronism (Conn’s disease), phaeochromocytoma, adrenal adenoma, adrenal carcinoma.
– Diseases of parathyroids and calcium-phosphorus metabolism: osteoporosis, primary and secondary hyperparathyroidism, vitamin D deficiency, calcium-phosphorus metabolism abnormalities, hypoparathyroidism.
– Gynecological endocrinology: Amenorrhea, hirsutism.
– Metabolic syndrome: Diabetes type 1 and 2, obesity due to endocrine causes, hyperinsulinism, hypercholesterolemia, arterial hypertension.
– Rare diseases: autoimmune polyendocrine syndromes, multiple endocrine neoplasia syndrome (MEN), neuroendocrine tumours, Turner syndrome, Klinefelter syndrome, Kallman syndrome, Carney Complex.
Education and Training
– Degree in Medicine and Surgery at the Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Rome (2009).
– Specialisation in Endocrinology and Metabolic Diseases at the Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Rome (2016).
Registered with the Certified Order of Doctors "Albo dei Medici"
Registered with the Certified Medical Association “Albo dei Medici” in Agrigento No. 4260
– From 2014 to 2016: Training Project as a Specialising Physician at the School of Specialisation in Endocrinology and Metabolic Diseases, Faculty of Medicine and Surgery, San Raffaele Vita Salute University, Milan (Department of Internal Medicine, Day Hospital of Internal Medicine specialised in endocrinology and diabetology, clinic dedicated to patients with GH deficiency, endocrinology clinics, thyroid ultrasound activity).
– From 2011 to 2016: Doctor in Training at the School of Specialisation in Endocrinology and Metabolic Diseases, Faculty of Medicine and Surgery, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, ROME (Department of Endocrinology, Day Hospital of Endocrinology, Endocrinology Outpatients, medical advice activity in endocrinology, cardiology and endocrine surgery).
– From 2007 to 2010 Internship at the Endocrinology Division Prof. Alfredo Pontecorvi. – From 2006 to 2007 Internship at the Institute of Microbiology and at the Department of Angiology.
Member of the main scientific societies in the field of endocrinology such as:
– AME Endocrinologists Medical Association.
– Italian Society of Endocrinology SIE.
– Italian Society of Diabetology SID.
– Italian Association of AIT Thyroid.
Italian – English
Autoimmune polyendocrine syndromes
Calcium-phosphorus metabolism abnormalities
Diseases of parathyroids and calcium-phosphorus metabolism
Empty saddle syndrome
Diabetes type 1 and 2
Growth hormone deficiency
Hyperaldosteronism (Conn’s disease)
Hyperprolactinemia and prolactinomas
Multiple endocrine neoplasia syndrome (MEN)
Obesity due to endocrine causes
Primary and secondary hyperparathyroidism
Vitamin D deficiency
San Raffaele Hospital
Dipartimento di Endocrinologia/Medicina Interna
Via Olgettina 60
20132 Milan, Italy
Per prenotare una visita ambulatoriale in libera professione: +39 02 26432643
Per prenotare una visita ambulatoriale tramite SSN: +39 02 26432643
Via V. Alliata, 1
21047 Saronno VA, Italy
Per prenotare una visita ambulatoriale: +39 02 962821
Online medical consultation with Dr. Laura Castellino
Dr. Castellino is author of numerous scientific medical publications of endocrinological interest and abstracts that have been presented in national and international conferences.
Transient elastography for non-invasive evaluation of post-transplant liver graft fibrosis in children.
Vinciguerra T, Brunati A, David E, Longo F, Pinon M, Ricceri F, Castellino L, Piga A, Giraudo MT, Tandoi F, Cisarò F, Dell Olio D, Isolato G, Romagnoli R, Salizzoni M, Calvo PL.
Pediatr Transplant. 2018 Mar;22(2). doi: 10.1111/petr.13125.
Healthcare-associated Legionnaires’ disease: Limitations of surveillance definitions and importance of epidemiologic investigation.
Castellino LM, Gamage SD, Hoffman PV, Kralovic SM, Holodniy M, Bernstein JM, Roselle GA.
J Infect Prev. 2017 Nov;18(6):307-310. doi: 10.1177/1757177417720999. Epub 2017 Jul 30. Erratum in: J Infect Prev. 2017 Nov;18(6):NP2.
Serratia fonticola, pathogen or bystander? A case series and review of the literature.
Aljorayid A, Viau R, Castellino L, Jump RL.
IDCases. 2016 May 24;5:6-8. doi: 10.1016/j.idcr.2016.05.003. eCollection 2016.
A meta-analysis-derived proposal for a clinical, ultrasonographic, and cytological scoring system to evaluate thyroid nodules: the “CUT" score.
Ianni F, Campanella P, Rota CA, Prete A, Castellino L, Pontecorvi A, Corsello SM.
Endocrine. 2016 May;52(2):313-21. doi: 10.1007/s12020-015-0785-5.
Veterans Affairs Medical Center employee comments suggest additional educational targets to improve influenza vaccination campaigns.
Castellino L, Cheek VL, Jump RL.
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2015 Mar;36(3):363-4. doi: 10.1017/ice.2014.55.
“Occult" ovarian Leydig cell tumor: when laboratory tells more than imaging.
Paragliola RM, Torino F, Senes P, Castellino L, Salutari V, Pontecorvi A, Scambia G, Corsello SM.
Endocrine. 2014 Jun;46(2):351-4. doi: 10.1007/s12020-013-0066-0..
How to apply for an online medical consultation
Register your details in the secure area and choose the doctor according to your disease.
Fill in the medical history form and upload your reports and clinical exams.
Enter your billing information and make the payment.
Within 5 working days you will receive the doctor’s online consultation.